Thursday, February 9, 2017

Snow, Ice Cream, Parties, and More

Day 179 (2/9/2017)
The last few weeks have been filled with a lot of school work for me and a lot of working from home for Emily. However, of course we've made time for ice cream.
 Last week finally went to an NYU party again. We had so much fun and it was amazing to see everyone again. I love these people and I'm so happy to have met everyone. We stayed out until around 4 in the morning which made the next day kind of hand, but it was all worth it.
Breonna tagged me in a video on Facebook of a bakery that has large ice cream sandwiches oozing with ice cream. I got peanut butter cookies with dark chocolate ice cream. It was huge, rich, and a perfect combo of cookie and ice cream. It was hyped up a lot more in the video but it was still really good. Of course as we were walking home we smelled curry and had to get chicken curry with naan so we were stuffed.
On Sunday was the super bowl, however after going out so much I needed a day to recharge. It was nice to just stay home get my school work done, do my laundry, go grocery shopping, and meal prep. Go Patriots!!! Ryan Allen went to my high school so of course I have to root for them.
This week has been pretty good. I've been staying on top of my school work and getting ahead. Also the weather has been amazing; yesterday was 65 degrees and sunny -- I went outside without any jacket on for the first time in over 4 months. It was amazing.... until 5:00 this morning when it started to snow. We've had terrible winter storm warning and are expected to get 10-14 inches of snow. Right now it is 2:00 and we have about a foot of snow already. Also, it's supposed to keep going like this for 2 more hours. ALSO we have 25-45 mile an hour winds which means we have a blizzard.
Emily was supposed to go to Oregon for the weekend but her flight was canceled before it even started snowing. Then we got her switched to a flight out of Newark and after it started snowing more this morning that flight was then cancelled.
At this point Emily is working from home and I'm doing homework as we both listen to a movie in the background. It's kind of nice to be stuck at home for the day. Taking a break. Watching the snow fall. Sipping hot chocolate and eating cookie dough. Although we love to go places and find new things to do each weekend, it's nice to just be grounded at home watching movies and telling way too many jokes. The fact that I'll be moving away in 112 short days is a scary thought. I'm so much more of and outdoorsy country person than I ever realized -- I just hope it ends up being right for me. I love the friends I've made here and Emily has become a best friend. It's disheartening to think that soon she'll just be another friend I text every few months and see every few years.
In life things change, people move, and friends cycle. I always find myself falling in love with a way of life and when that way of life changes, it's hard for me to let go and view it as a fond memory. I love New York and I know I'm going to love Bend -- I just hope the mental transition doesn't take as much of a toll on me this time. I'm so excited for my future but I'm also excited for right now. Each day I wake up and I know that I live in New York -- a place I've wanted to live for 6 years. Each day I wake up knowing that I'm fully capable of supporting myself. Each day I wake up knowing that I have a best friend 6 steps away from me and 6 hours away from me. These past 5 months have been amazing for me, and it's only been 5 months. I still have 3 years left of college and a whole life ahead of me. I'm so excited to see where I go and I know that I can do anything I put my mind to -- I've proved that to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment